Thursday, April 15, 2010

Budget oh Budget!

Meetings between my parent and his about our wedding date has been done last week; the reception will take place on the 27th & 28th November, whilst the solemnization probably either on 10th October or 26th November, depending on the availability of the Kadhi.

At some point, even though i dreamt of getting married on 10/10/10, there's a voice inside of me having second thought. Most of it triggered by the scariest topic feared by most of the brides and grooms...BUDGET.

Sure, some of my friends asked me why am i so stressed out? My parents should 'sponsor' my weddings and stuff according to them. Most of the parents have their 'Children's Wedding Funds' kept for the future. But for my case, my parents did not really 100% prepared for this. LOL. As they always think that their daughters won't leave them one day. Sweet but that's not how it goes in reality, ne? ^^;;
i won't really blame them, my family is not rich, too many burdens and have to pay for what's important. Besides, for my youngest sister's medications already take thousands ringgit.

i'm part to blame. i'm still having my studies and not yet steadily working. i can only rely on my part-time job salary which only took like...once or twice in a year?
Tiba-tiba rasa nak postpone to next year. u___u;;;



Okay, now...
Let's see the rough spending list (for only the bride's side)...

--------------------------------
1. Bedroom set including deco - My budget is around RM3500. My preferences: something all white, simple, contemporary or vintage-ish.

2. Mattress - Bought from MIVA (Jalan Elis). RM1799

3. Wedding favours - Got 2 in minds...Type A - pretty (like !@#@$$OMGSONICEEE!!!) & a bit pricey. Type B - Nice & price cheaper a bit (got promotion) than Type A. Both are actually the same thing, but in term of packaging, type A is more alluring. LOL. So, let just say, i take Type B (because of budget-wise), RM960. Not inclusive of postage.

4. Bride's Attire -
A) Nikah - i might be getting 2m nice plain (or lacey) materials. Budget: RM120 (ada ka? o_O;;)
B) Reception - Wedding dress RM500 (hooray for wedding expo!). Jacket/Outer: 4m lace materials, budget around RM250?
i'm not really sure about materials' price. @_@
C) Tailor's fee - Adoi...this one, pretty much would be expensive. Let say RM700.
D) Shoes? Err...this one...if possible i want to wear my Engagement Hantaran shoes, but too bad...i need a taller shoes with wedges/platform cuz i'm too short for my wedding dress. ;_; Price range...below RM100. Can't nego with this cuz i don't wear high heels much.

5. Groom's Wedding band - My budget...below than RM1k. Ala...cincin suasa je. :P
But i do have my own preferences too (banyak songeh betul aku ni)! i want a ring with Onyx stone. :)

--------------------------------
Total: RM8929


YIKES!!!!!!

Tu baru je 6 subjects! Not yet including the invitation cards, upah tok Kadi, catering, canopies, hall rent, pelamin (HAA!! PELAMIN NAK YANG MELETOP! Tapi DUIT TADAK!), make-up, tables & chairs, wedding cake, decorations, and other hidden costs!
*menangis tersedu-sedu* TAT

For sure, i have to find some cheaper (and nice) alternatives, DIY-ing, and tweak a lil bit here and there of my budget. i only have RM8k in hand. Yes, sound impossible...but InsyaAllah (if God's willing), everything will be fine. :)
Aja-aja fighting! XD BRIDEZILLA FAITO!!!!!

No comments: